Prep Time: 5 min - Cook Time: 8 min - Serves 1
- 1/2 cup Dukan Marinara Sauce
- Pinch of cayenne (optional)
- A couple of leaves of basil, slivered
- 1 to 2 eggs
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Bring the marinara sauce to a simmer in a small saucepan or an 8-inch omelet pan and turn the heat to low. Add the cayenne, if desired, and the slivered basil.
- Break the egg or eggs into a teacup, and carefully tip them into the tomato sauce. Cover the pan and simmer over low heat for 3 to 4 minutes, until the tops of the whites are set but the yellow yolk shows through. It’s important that the yolk be runny. Turn off the heat. Season the eggs with pepper to taste and add nutritional yeast for a cheesy flavor.